Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Gagahoho Ox Bone Soup, Burlington Square

Gagahoho Ox Bone Soup, Burlington Square

Got wind of Gagahoho Ox Bone Soup (#01-57A Burlington Square, 175 Bencoolen Street, tel : +65 6518 4157) recently. Noticed that the sign at their restaurant says Gagahoho Ox Tail Soup. There's no ox tail soup on their menu.

Gagahoho Ox Bone Soup, kimchi

One of the talked about things from them is their kimchi. Pretty young without any flavour from fermentation I could detect. The paste was nutty with a hint of ginger and pretty spicy. Possibly the most spicy one I've ever had.  

Gagahoho Ox Bone Soup, kimchi rice

My inclination is towards kimchi that's more fermented. I enjoy the tang. This was interesting but not something I'll see myself craving for. 

Gagahoho Ox Bone Soup, gamjatang

Peppery gamjatang they have. Also ordinary.

Gagahoho Ox Bone Soup

Sliced pork from the gamjatang was pretty good with the kimchi.

Gagahoho Ox Bone Soup, mackerel kimchi stew

This was called mackerel pick and braised kimchi. Don't know what the name means but I reckon it's a jjigae -  similar to the one we've previously had at 88 Pocha. Like that one, the fish tasted like canned sardines. Like that one as well, pretty pricey for the portions. But I am a sucker for these because of the pairing of the sardine-y flavour with a more intense kimchi taste.

Gagahoho Ox Bone Soup
Gagahoho Ox Bone Soup, Burlington Square

No comments: