Thursday, May 30, 2024

Mt. Cheese King from Ramen Nagi

Ramen Nagi, Mt. Cheese King

Current limited king at Ramen Nagi - the Mt. Cheese King. It looked disappointing. #disappointed

Ramen Nagi, Mt. Cheese King

Because this picture was what got me sold. It's a lot less cheese and I did not expect the base to be the same pesto one as their Green King. My mind was prepared for tonkotsu and powdered cheese. A lot of powdered cheese. And I was definitely not looking forward to pesto in it as well.

Ramen Nagi, Mt. Cheese King

This bowl was basically their Green King with a bit more powdered cheese and some toasted pine nuts. Cheese wasn't a dominant flavour in this bowl. I felt lied to but I have only myself to blame for thinking that Ramen Nagi would deliver. They haven't for tonkotsu ramen for a while. Chains like Keisuke and Ippudo have better tasting tonkotsu broth. It's time I had that etched in my brain.

Ramen Nagi, cheese gyoza

There's cheese gyoza. These were a nicer eat. The crispy skirt tasted like the cheese flavoured version of the usual thing.

Ramen Nagi, cheese gyoza

The actual gyoza were disturbingly small with mashy fillings which I had difficulty identifying. The shape and size of the gyozas brought up images of silkworm pupa.

No comments: