Thursday, May 09, 2024

Mei Heong Yuen Dessert (味香园甜品), Temple Street

Mei Heong Yuen Dessert (味香园甜品), green mango shaved ice

I got this green mango shaved ice thinking that the shaved ice would be green mango flavoured. I was wrong. It was milky and sweet - nothing like the citrus infused ice shaving I was imagining. Those green stuff in syrup that's drizzled over - might be preserved mango. Has that 酸梅 kind of taste. Definitely not the somtam mamuang kind of green mango I was thinking of. My bad for thinking so highly of Mei Heong Yuen Dessert (63-67 Temple Street, tel : +65 6221 1156).

Mei Heong Yuen Dessert (味香园甜品), peach oolong tea

To be fair, Mei Heong Yuen generally doesn't suck. Just this time. Because today they also gave me this peach oolong tea which doesn't have the slightest peach flavour at all. Why?!

No comments: