Monday, August 12, 2024

Shiok Burger (新奇汉堡), Raffles City

Shiok Burger (新奇汉堡), Raffles City

Noticed Shiok Burger (#B1-79 Raffles City, 252 North Bridge Road) the previous times we were here and curiosity got the better of us. Couldn't find any info about their origins so I'm assuming that while the food appears to be Chinese themed, they're local.

Shiok Burger (新奇汉堡), with fries and drinks

One can choose cheesy beef fries as part of their sets. The passionfruit soda has a taste of artificial flavouring.

Shiok Burger (新奇汉堡), mala wagyu burger

Didn't realized that their buns weren't the regular kind. These were like flatbread/pita. Ang moh rou jia mo. 😬 I liked that those black sesame studded in the buns imparted some of their aroma.

Shiok Burger (新奇汉堡), mala wagyu burger

Their beef burger uses wagyu. According to them. I'm also not aware how little wagyu needs to be in that patty content for a business to legally be able to state so. As far as I can tell it's beef but I'm not sure what else was in it because it did not taste like a 100% beef. Much less wagyu. The mala sauce that made it was kinda nice and tangy.

Shiok Burger (新奇汉堡), mala chicken burger

Said mala sauce works better with the chicken methinks. Don't think I'll ever get the beef burger again but I not against revisiting the chicken one.

Shiok Burger (新奇汉堡), Raffles City

No comments: