Friday, August 09, 2024

Soon Soon (顺顺古早味), C&L Cafe @ UB. One

Soon Soon (顺顺古早味), chicken rice

Chicken rice from Soon Soon (#01-07 UB. One, 81 Ubi Avenue 4). It's an unusual name for a chicken rice stall. But I guess that makes it easy should they decide not to sell chicken rice anymore and do something else someday. 😂

Soon Soon (顺顺古早味), chicken rice

This was 烧鸡尾 + tau kwa + egg and those two brown tubes are shrivelled up fried sausages. Why were there fried sausages in a chicken rice stall? Beats me. But I got them because I can. Meat's not that smooth so on hindsight, any part of the 烧鸡 would be about the same. No sense paying more for the thigh. The eggs look mutated. The verdict? Pretty decent eating.

Soon Soon (顺顺古早味), chicken rice

Competent, not outstanding rice. Pretty good with their garlicky chilli sauce. The soup is worth mentioning. It's real chicken soup and I thought I detected lotus root in it.

Soon Soon (顺顺古早味), C&L Cafe @ UB. One

No comments: