Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Mensho Tokyo, Raffles City

Mensho Tokyo, Raffles City

Finally got around to Mensho Tokyo (#03-43 Raffles City, 252 North Bridge Road, tel  : +65 8380 8467). I was initially excited about them opening up because of the lamb ramen I've read about in Tokyo but apparently they aren't doing any of that here.

Mensho Tokyo, a5 miyazaki wagyu caviar sushi

Got some stuff from their menu which sounded like they were worth trying. Like their A5 Miyazaki wagyu caviar sushi which was actually pretty good.

Mensho Tokyo, aji fry

Aji fry has a solid crispy breading and good quality fish beneath.

Mensho Tokyo, signature tori paitan

Not a fan of their signature tori paitan bowl. I've had a few tori paitan before and this tasted like none of it. This was heavier, grittier and had more going on than the other renditions like say Brothers Ramen or Marutama which I prefer. I also thought I tasted something like mushrooms and detected a sweetness that bothered me a little. Don't think I'll get it again. 

Mensho Tokyo, duck matcha

The matcha duck bowl was another thing though. It looked and smelled a little like matcha latte. I have been looking forward to this since reading about it.

Mensho Tokyo, duck matcha

I love how the matcha was present in the broth without overpowering the savouriness of the base broth. Love the meatiness in the smooth thin slices of duck. Loved the vegetal sweetness from the torched chunks of negi. Thick curly noodles were nice and chewy. Those were what I enjoyed about this bowl.

Mensho Tokyo, duck matcha

Here's evidence of how much we liked it. Will come back for this.

Mensho Tokyo, Raffles City

No comments: