Tuesday, September 03, 2024

Brunching at Wolfgang's Steakhouse

Wolfgang's Steakhouse, InterContinental Singapore Robertson Quay

We were here today to check out some of what Wolfgang's Steakhouse has for their lunch menu.

Wolfgang's Steakhouse, bread

What happens when there's no more rye? 😏 Baguette. That's what. Kinda hard and chewy but they're my vehicle for butter and they're not that bad so I'll leave it as that. I much prefer the rye they previously had.

Wolfgang's Steakhouse, jumbo shrimp cocktail

The jumbo shrimp cocktail wasn't one of those lunch menu stuff I mentioned earlier. 😂 They're from the regular menu. Of recent times, I've been curious about them and since we've just had one from Wooloomooloo not long back, we could compare. Just to get that comparison out of the way, this one was also memorable in its own way. Yes, I enjoyed both. 😬

Shrimp here seemed bigger for one. I had initially mistaken their cocktail sauce, one that's less fancy more traditional than Wooloo's, to be ketchup. I'll be damned if it was. That sauce was tomato-y, vinegary and a lot more lively than I imagined. Less sweet than their Wolfgang's steak sauce which also works with these shrimps. Enjoyed it and while enjoying it, I got reminded about a remark I've heard about these things being out of the remarker's tax bracket. I can relate. 

Wolfgang's Steakhouse, sizzling bacon

Thick cut sizzling bacon was as good as it looked. Smokey, meaty and salty just like it was intended to be.

Wolfgang's Steakhouse, trio of cuts

This trio of cuts was from the lunch menu featuring their USDA Prime dry aged Black Angus New Rork striploin, tenderloin and ribeye. <- That's the sequence they were plated and my preference in order of flavour was from right to left. Ribeye's has great flavour and I love the texture of the tenderloin. Striploin's pretty lean-ish. A pretty penny here for a sampler which I was hoping would be in bigger portions.

Wolfgang's Steakhouse, loco moco

Finally got to try their loco moco from the lunch menu. I had initially thought that there was too little sauce to go around but it turned out to be an appropriate amount. This plate is comfort food - beef patty, egg and rice with sauce and mushrooms. The idea isn't that different from what Jollibee does. 😂 The patty for this one was a little more fine minced than I imagined and also much lacking in beef fat and its flavour. So while I enjoyed this, it definitely could have been a better thing.

Wolfgang's Steakhouse, tiramisu

Ahem...not as nice as I remember it for some reasons.

Wolfgang's Steakhouse, coffee

Coffee to end.

Wolfgang's Steakhouse, InterContinental Singapore Robertson Quay
Wolfgang's Steakhouse, InterContinental Singapore Robertson Quay

No comments: