Sunday, December 31, 2023

A recent dinner at Wolfgang's Steakhouse

Wolfgang's Steakhouse

Family celebration at Wolfgang's. This was a nice one. Not to mention expensive.

Wolfgang's Steakhouse, crab cake

Not impressive crab cake. Texturally or flavour wise, I did not think it worth the $42 they were charging.

Wolfgang's Steakhouse, lobster bisque

Lobster bisque was so so. Can you imagine so so for a $34 soup? Well, at least it wasn't bad.

Wolfgang's Steakhouse, porterhouse

This might be the only time I get to see a porterhouse for four on my table. It's still the best tasting item from the spread we've had. I was dipping their rye into the beefy butter on the plate. 😬

Wolfgang's Steakhouse, medium rare

While I'm curious about their other steaks, I'd be pretty happy just coming back for this one.

Wolfgang's Steakhouse, creme brulee

Creme brulee had a harder shell than expected. Custard's nice but kinda insufficient.

Wolfgang's Steakhouse, apple strudel

Loved their apple strudel though. The raisins reminded me of peas and the chunks of apples of roasted garlic. Best pea and garlic pastry I've had in a while. And this with all the tartness actually works with their schlag which I have previously never enjoyed.

Wolfgang's Steakhouse, tiramisu

Someone ordered tiramisu and I was initially apprehensive. Turned out to be not bad at all. What does this mean? It means that my instincts aren't always correct.

Wolfgang's Steakhouse
Wolfgang's Steakhouse

No comments: