Monday, December 25, 2023

Niu Bi, Amoy Street Food Centre

Niu Bi, Amoy Street Food Centre

I came across Niu Bi (#02-98 Amoy Street Food Centre, 7 Maxwell Road) by chance because once again, I've failed at getting my bowl at Teochew Beef Kway Teow. What intrigued me was their Teochew chilli dry bowl. What's interesting here from what I've read, was that the laddie in the kitchen was also previously involved in Gubak Kia

This wasn't bad at all. Chilli's not a killer with the default portions and perhaps I could have asked for more peanuts. Otherwise, this was a very decent bowl. Loved the slurpy kuey teow and tofu tender beef tendons. The slices of beef were pleasantly marinated and tender. Will come back another time.

Niu Bi, Amoy Street Food Centre

There's a sly reference on their signboard referencing their niu tradition since 1921 - the year when Hock Lam Beef Noodles was set up. So if you understood the linkages that ran all the way back, it's this stall -> Gubak Kia -> Empress Place Teochew Beef Kway Teow -> Hock Lam.

No comments: