Wednesday, December 06, 2023

Brinda's, Bukit Merah Central

Brinda's, south indian meal

I've passed by Brinda's on numerous occasions and have been curious. They're another one of those places that have become out of mind when they're out of sight. We eventually visited. They're kinda like Komala's - Indian fast food. We got a South Indian meal and a mutton keema thosai. Mutton keema thosai! Where else can I find them?!

Brinda's, mutton keema thosai

South Indian meal  - there's sambar, lauki dal (bottle gourd with lentils), rasam, vegetables (sabzi?) and buttermilk. One notices the vadai and payasam on the side as well. I thought the lauki dal was delicious...there was something about it I couldn't put a finger to that I liked. Vadai's not very spiced but was nicely done and great sponge for the gravies. Straight up comfort rice meal I couldn't argue with.

Mutton keema thosai - nice curried minced mutton wrapped in thosai. I'm surprised that I haven't encountered this before but now I know where to get one. They a la plancha-ed the keema where they were making the thosai so know that it was served piping hot. Thosai didn't have the crispy edges but it's not a deal breaker for me.

Less than a week later...

Brinda's,

So I tried their North Indian meal. The little plastic cups from left to right contained chana masala (curried chickpeas), vegetable korma, gobi manchurian (I think), payasam and raita. Was expecting briyani but this came with white rice. There were a couple of other differences from the South Indian one. There's chapati instead of vadai. Today's payasam was also creamier/milkier. 

Brinda's, Bukit Merah Central

No comments: