Thursday, December 14, 2023

Song Heng Fishball Noodles (松興鱼丸粿條麵), Telok Blangah Crescent Food Centre

Song Heng Fishball Noodles (松興鱼丸粿條麵), Telok Blangah Crescent Food Centre

Song Heng Fishball Noodles (#01-124 Telok Blangah Crescent Market & Food Centre, 11 Telok Blangah Crescent) from what I've read has been around for more than half a century. That's credibility right there I presume. The queue was admittedly a little daunting but since I was already here with my mind made up for breakfast...

Song Heng Fishball Noodles (松興鱼丸粿條麵), mee pok

The saucing for the noodles was vinegar-y and had a bit of heat from the chilli they used. Slightly lardy too. Portions were pretty generous. It's not a bad bowl of mee pok but it's not so great that I'd look forward to waiting in a long line for it.

Song Heng Fishball Noodles (松興鱼丸粿條麵), fishballs

Fishballs were pretty decent. They're made in house so you know you aren't paying for just the assembly of factory mass produced ones. Not as outright impressive as those from Li Xin but I shouldn't compare. 

Song Heng Fishball Noodles (松興鱼丸粿條麵), Telok Blangah Crescent Food Centre

No comments: