Friday, March 14, 2008

Peanut Pancakes, Whampoa Food Centre

Yes, I am back at this place again. I couldn't resist the noodles and I found myself seated just in front of the store, chowing down my lunch happily. I couldn't help but notice the stall next to Yu Xing(Blk 91, Whampoa Drive, #01-28 Whampoa Food Centre). The stall owner of Granny's Pancake seemed busy preparing peanut pancakes and pancakes with coconut and red bean filling. Although there was no queue, people are ordering 10 pancakes at a go. Business was brisk.




Eventually I found myself in front of the stall and ordering the pancakes. I like the corners of the pancakes because of the crispy thin sides. The peanut mixture contains finely ground peanuts and finer granules of sugar which made the pancake a delight to chew!

This pancake is the kind with thick skin with a generous serving of the peanut filling. As it was piping hot when I sank in my teeth to the thick skin of the pancake, you only need to chew it a couple of times before it slides in your throat and goes straight to the tummy.

How convenient to have both stalls that sells the kind of comfort food that I crave side by side. The kind that I like. Yummy...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my goshhhhh the peanut layer is so thick!! havent eaten those in ages!

ah Teo said...

The peanut filling is indeed very generous. I was hoping to try the coconut version too. ;o)

Anonymous said...

gosh, i always cannot have enough of peanut pancakes. hahaha

LiquidShaDow said...

Pity that they ran out of flour, I would have liked to try the coconut ones too. The crushed peanut and sugar fillings are pretty generous and these pancakes aren't expensive too. Nice find there.