Monday, June 02, 2008

Cold ramen from Noodle House Ken


It's been a while since I've last visited here and I remember saying that I'm not a fan of their noodles despite the fact that many people seem to feel that Noodle House Ken (Orchard Plaza, 150 Orchard Road #01-17/18, tel : 6235 5540) is pretty good. Well, here's a chance to say something nice about the place which I didn't get to before. I was actually looking for dinner and was running through a list of places down in town, and I ended up here. The evening was warm and I guess cold noodles would be the thing. They're something that I remember liking here and if you're wondering why I'm liking this while not being a fan of the noodles here, I am not a fan of their soup noodles.

What I like about the cold noodles here are the chewier texture and the fragrant sesame sauce that is used for them. Which is basically what it is for me on staples like rice and noodles. The taste and the texture of the bite. I added an egg of course and the yolk didn't turn out quite as runny as the last time which was a little bummer.

2 comments:

Camemberu said...

Oh yums! I only ever eat cold ramen when at Noodle House Ken's. And the gyoza lah.

LiquidShaDow said...

I've tried their gyozas before. Along with those from other places. I must say that I generally prefer chinese guo tie than gyozas. I guess it's because there's more meat.