Sunday, November 20, 2016

Tsukemen from Ramen Keisuke Tori King

Ramen Keisuke Tori King, tsukemen

Keisuke's Tori King has recently introduced some new bowls of ramen to their menu, a first since the time they have set up shop. This was the tsukemen with their bonito and yuzu spiked dipping broth.

The toppings for noodles were quite new to me since the last time. Only the chicken thigh and the ajitama were familiar. There were some garlicky menma, some chicken balls with bits of yuzu which I had never seen before and even some tender chicken charshu which tasted like it might had been marinated in some alcohol. Like Shaoxing chicken.

I would have liked for their dipping broth to be served much hotter. This was just lukewarm and turned cool pretty fast forcing you to finish the noodles quickly before it all turned cold. I also noticed that there's some ultra rich tan tan men and mazesoba under their new offerings too. Could be that I'll be heading back soon.

No comments: