Saturday, October 03, 2020

A disappointing experience with Hougang Jing Jia Mutton Soup

Hougang Jing Jia Mutton Soup - tendon brain soup

I remember this stall being good in the previous times I've ordered from them. It has been quite a while since the last time. Today's mutton soup was disappointing. We had a bowl with tendon and brains and another bowl with just ribs.

Hougang Jing Jia Mutton Soup - rib soup

The herbal flavour was stronger than what I remembered. Thumbs down to that because the light and moderated herbal quality was what attracted me to them in the first place as that didn't threaten the flavour of the lamb itself. Soup was bland. Needed salt. There was a layer of oil on the top which I have never noticed before. Something has changed and I didn't think it was for the better.

No comments: