Saturday, October 31, 2020

Dan Ryan's Chicago Grill, Tanglin Place


I've seen Dan Ryan's Chicago Grill (#B1-01 Tanglin Place, 91 Tanglin Road, tel : +65 6738 2800) around for years. Make that decades. Have never walked in till today. As much as they looked retro-American, these guys were originally from Hong Kong. Didn't know that until recently.

Dan Ryan's - clam chowder

We didn't get any complimentary basket of bread. Didn't even get crackers for the clam chowder. Cost cutting certainly has taken its toll on hospitality. Anyways, clam chowder tasted as retro as the restaurant itself. Creamy, starchy with sparse bits of clams and bacon. I wouldn't say that it's bad but I also probably wouldn't order them again.

Dan Ryan's - cheese burger

Ordered a cheese burger with blue cheese. Guess what's wrong with the picture?

Dan Ryan's - blue cheese

To their credit, they recovered themselves by offering the blue cheese which I did not refuse.

Dan Ryan's - blue cheese burger

I added it into the burger and all was good. Think that's a Danish blue that they used. This turned out to be very similar to the bistro burger from Brewerkz. I enjoyed it.

Dan Ryan's - USDA ribeye

Made the mistake of thinking that their 10oz US ribeye was a decent deal for under $50. The menu never specified USDA Prime. While I'm not an expert at telling, it wasn't. 


The steak was flaccid and full of sinews. I didn't think it was worth even half of what they charged. This was shockingly low quality which spoke volumes about how little the restaurant's reputation mattered these days because it probably no longer did.


Was thinking that I'll never come back, but I just might for that blue cheese burger.

No comments: