Monday, February 12, 2024

Xi De Li (西得利), Redhill Food Centre

Xi De Li (西得利), glutinous rice bun

Xi De Li sells local fried snacks. I've been wanting to get these glutinous rice buns from them for a while. Finally got my hands on one of them at their stall at Redhill Market (#01-14, Redhill Food Centre, 85 Redhill Lane). These glutinous rice buns were essentially a ham chim pang (咸煎饼) stuffed with glutinous rice. Carbs in carbs.

Xi De Li (西得利), glutinous rice bun

The fried bun was slightly salty and slightly sweet with a bit of five spice seasoning. Pretty decent tasting and if you've had them before, you'll know what to expect. What I especially liked about these were the sweet and tender glutinous rice stuffings in the bun. A subtle textural contrast in each bite from the fried bun to the gummy sweet sticky rice. I gotta get myself one of these more often!

Xi De Li (西得利), Redhill Food Centre

No comments: