Friday, December 15, 2006

Hogwashed

Dinner with my brother. It seems that the standards of the prime ribs at Hog's Breath is either falling sharply of late or becoming terribly inconsistent during peak dining hours. Tonight's dinner was off their usual standards and while was filling, was far from satisfying. It wasn't that long ago when I last visited and I remember enjoying the meat. Tonight's prime rib tasted quite flat, with the char fragrance barely getting across. And the proportion of fat came much higher than the usual. The El Grando also came without the usual jalapenos (I had to ask for them) which I thought was something that shouldn't have happened, mistake or not. I mean, I'm sure people didn't order this just for cheese sauce. I should've just ordered the plain one and just requested for jalapenos instead which would've been much better. The cheese and salsa is getting boring and drowning out what little flavor that is left of the prime rib. Even though surprisingly for tonight, the meat was juicer than usual. I think I should lay off this place for a long while before revisiting.


On recommendation by Junie, I took a shot at the Apple Crumble which appeared rather different from what I expected out crumbles. It alookss like a squarish block and only crumbles when you cut it up. Despite appearances, it was quite good. It's not the freshness crunchy good of the apple pies from Morton's though. It's savoury sweet with light pastry, cream and caramel good. Good when eaten hot.

No comments: