Saturday, March 15, 2008

More breakfasting at Simply Bread


Funny thing how sometimes, the firsts are quickly succeeded by seconds and before you realise it, the third arrives and then it becomes what we term as a habit. It was just about a week back that I was mentioning about the rarity of myself doing breakfast and what do you know? I'm up for another one again. Since I'm actually enjoying this, I'll probably consider it again in the next weekend. By the way, that's a very expensive sandwich that you see up there. It actually cost me more than $20. If you haven't yet penetrated the disguise, it's the roast beef sandwich from Simply Bread with 2 sunny side ups, 2 strips of bacon and aged cheddar slices. Apart from the fact that I was overcharged by about $4.50 already for the sandwich before the add ons, the eggs actually cost $6! The best part of this is, Simply Bread simply doesn't have a contactable email address from their website and their staff are apparently unaware at all of any feedback avenue for the company.


The sandwich was verifiably, great. Why wouldn't it be considering that it gets stuffed with a generous portion of roast beef topped with eggs dripping with runny yolk/sliced cheddar/bacon and then, slathered across with whole grain mustard. I could barely open my jaw wide enough to take a large bite. I'm definitely hard pressed to find a better sandwich else where, but then again, I'll be hard pressed to find a more expensive sandwich elsewhere. The cost of it did leave a bitter aftertaste despite the enjoyable heartiness.


The sausage brunch platter which was a varietal of the ham steak version that I had previously was pretty good as well. I didn't expect these meaty sausages to be packed so taut in their snappy cases that the first couple of bites were literally bursting with juices. The style of the eggs on the side can be chosen and in the case of the choice of omelet, there is also the option for fillings as well, of which which I picked the mushroom. The filled rolls with bacon and scrambled eggs which they have over at the counter wasn't as good since it was pre-made on display for anyone to pick. It was already cool and orders were not heated before serving. But they did account for some of the visual appeal to customers in the queue.

1 comment:

Jaime-La-Nourriture said...

That was a real scrumptious breakfast! :D