Tuesday, May 20, 2008

From Tetsuya, with compliments....


I bought this jar of truffle salsa ($28) some time back from Culina and had fiddled with making food with them a couple of times. The salsa turned out to be pretty versatile and a tasty condiment. For someone who doesn't know much about cooking that is. It simply just works. Lol.


The first attempt at using Tetsuya's Truffle Salsa was the flavouring for pasta. One of the weekend lunches I made at home with ham steak and Gordon Ramsay's scrambled egg recipe, sans the chives. You can check out the link to see how the eggs were done. Not going to talk about them here. The cooked pasta was simply tossed with a couple of generous tea spoonfuls of the truffle salsa along with butter. That was all. Because there was just butter to grease the noodles, most of the taste will come from the salsa itself. That meant, mostly truffle flavour. Safe and easy to make. Take it from a person who doesn't do real cooking. If I can, so can you.


Pizza is one of those stuff that I do at home especially when the sun is particularly discouraging at my attempts to go outdoors. As some of you might already know, I like using Dr Oetker's and have been experimenting with a bunch of add ons with their frozen pizza ranging from seven cheeses to strawberries and ham.

I've decided to add the truffle salsa and see what I could come up with. Since this was by me for me, I was much more generous with the truffle than any other pizza shop out there. I got one of Dr Oetker's mozzarella ones and scraped some of the salsa over the top. After that, some grated parmesan and more mozzarella and an egg. And then, into the oven it went. I kinda like how it turned out. This was definitely much more heady with truffle flavour than any other pizza that I've had outside.

3 comments:

Ms One Boobie said...

Yummy..!! i should try and get some too.. i've always wanted to cook with truffles.

Anonymous said...

Dr Oekter's pizza is a great base to work on. I love to get the different anti-pasta for toppings. Love adding artichokes! =)

HairyBerry said...

once, i tried mixing it with some unsalted butter, applied the mixture on slices of baguette and baked it for a minute or so. the result was an aromatic toast that rivalled the all time fave garlic bread! nice!