Friday, May 02, 2008

Matsuo Sushi, Goldhill Plaza


At the behest of several urgings and a few tempting photographs later, I've finally made my way down to Matsuo (1 Goldhill Plaza, #01-17 Goldhill Plaza, Tel: 6356 2603) for their lunch. Matsuo does a daily lunch special, of which on Mondays and Fridays, they're actually chirashi.

For $15, I have certainly nothing to complain with this set that comes with chawanmushi and miso soup. In fact, this turned out to be one of those good recommendations and I'm pretty sure I'll be returning in the not so distant future again. The chirashi as reasonably expected isn't fancy. For this price, I'm not sure if anyone should be expecting so. The blanket of sake, maguro, ebi, amaebi, hotate, hamachi, mekajiki, grilled unagi, a small piece of ika and tamago was definitely of fresh origins and a bigger bang for the buck in this don as compared to anything else which the plethora of pseudo Japanese chain outlets elsewhere is offering. The half prawn and piece of unagi in the chawanmushi was a little pleasant surprise too. Oh, did I mention a fatty unagi it was at that.

No comments: