Thursday, January 16, 2020

Hainanese styled curry pork chop rice from Maddie's Kitchen

Maddie's Kitchen, hainanese pork chop rice

I liked this curry pork chop rice from Maddie's Kitchen (#02-10/11/12/13 Far East Plaza, 14 Scotts Road). Why you might ask? The pork chop had a proper crispy dry crust and meat. Chap chye was respectably tender redolent with the dried shrimp flavour of the stock it was stewed in. I don't know if it made a difference but I might have gotten a really fresh batch of cooked rice which made them moist and easy to eat that the curry was a bonus rather a necessity. If I really had to come out with another reason, I could point out that they had an interestingly lime-y sambal belachan that you could help yourself with. Not so spicy but very tangy.

Gonna come back another day and try something else from their menu.

No comments: