Thursday, January 30, 2020

Anglo Indian Cafe & Bar, Chijmes

Anglo Indian Cafe & Bar, lassi

Have passed by this place a number of times before and each of those times, I've wondered if they were good. So here now. Lassi from Anglo Indian Cafe & Bar (#01-13 Chijmes, 30 Victoria Street, tel : +65 6873 2750) was okay. Not as thick as I would have liked but drinkable stuff.

Anglo Indian Cafe & Bar,

The description of the tandoori broccoli sounded pretty good on the menu. Something about cheese, yoghurt and cardamom. The flavour was not as intense as I had imagined. There was a bit of smokiness. Not a bad tasting broccoli dish though.

Anglo Indian Cafe & Bar, indian railway mutton curry

We ordered their Indian railway mutton curry. Never had it before and I'm pretty sure everyone has their rendition of it. This curry was savoury and tangy.  Tangy like a lot of tomatoes or tamarind kind of tangy. Liked it quite a bit. Paired very nicely with naan or rice. Mutton was very tender. Would not mind eating this again at all.

Anglo Indian Cafe & Bar, palak paneer

Pretty thick and savoury palak paneer they have. Judging from the spinach puree I think I might just like their saag gosht.

Anglo Indian Cafe & Bar, cheese naan

Cheese naan. While I have always reminded myself to go for those without any stuffings since we're already going with dips, I still usually get distracted by them stuffings. Not bad.

Anglo Indian Cafe & Bar, jeera pulao

Jeera pulao needs a bit more salt to be good on its own. But since we were going with the savoury pureed palak and the Indian railway curry, it worked out in the end.

No comments: