Thursday, June 17, 2021

珍珠坊香港烧臘 (Zhen Zhu Fang Roasted Delights), People's Park Complex Food Centre

珍珠坊香港烧臘 (Zhen Zhu Fang Roasted Delights), People's Park Complex Food Centre

How I ended up getting food from here today was because of irritation. I was searching for roast meat (烧腊) stalls at People's Park online. I was sure there must have been at least a a handful there. Most of the search results were either Toh Kee or 珍珠坊香港烧臘 (#01-1098 People's Park Complex Food Centre, 32 New Market Road) with numerous mentions of them being recommended by the Michelin Guide. So I decided to try.

珍珠坊香港烧臘 (Zhen Zhu Fang Roasted Delights), roasted meats rice

Here's roast pork, duck and char siew. For some reasons, I had to repeat my order 4 times before the guy in the stall would stop confirming my order. I had also repeatedly mentioned during those 4 times that I wanted 半肥 for the char siew but I ended up getting lean portions anyway. *sigh...*  I'd classify the roasts as decent/edible even though this takeaway might not be the best showcase of how their food might have tasted compared to eating over there. The hard boiled egg was nice though. So tender and I thought it was cooked just right.

Note to self - ask for more sauce the next time.

珍珠坊香港烧臘 (Zhen Zhu Fang Roasted Delights), wanton soup

Got a bowl of wanton soup because I wanted to know if theirs were good. The dumplings were quite meaty and pretty tasty. I saw the guy in the stall carefully scissoring the stalk of vegetable into the soup. Don't know what vegetable this was but it sure was tender.

珍珠坊香港烧臘 (Zhen Zhu Fang Roasted Delights), People's Park Complex Food Centre

No comments: