Saturday, June 05, 2021

Hui Ji Fishball Noodles (輝記魚圓麵), Tiong Bahru Food Centre

Hui Ji Fishball Noodles (輝記魚圓麵)

I'm generally wary of tar pow-ing noodles home. It's common sense that most don't travel well especially when one is concerned with texture and these things inevitably soften or get soggy from the sauces/condensation in packaging. Once in a while, I hope against hope. Been wanting to try Hui Ji Fishball Noodles (輝記魚圓麵) (#02-44 Tiong Bahru Food Centre, 30 Seng Poh Road) for a while and that has only managed to happened during this HA when I didn't have a choice but to get them to go.

Hui Ji Fishball Noodles (輝記魚圓麵), mee pok

This was mee pok with some extra ingredients I added from their yong tau hu shelf. Didn't enjoy it much. The yong tau hu items were okay - just a little generic tasting so I didn't think there was much to write home about. What really bothered me was that the noodles had gotten too soft even for a short transit. Did not travel well at all. There's chilli inside but I also detected some sort of sweetness in the noodles.

What was nice though were the bits of fried lard. Darker brown than usual and very fragrant. 

Hui Ji Fishball Noodles (輝記魚圓麵), Tiong Bahru Food Centre

No comments: