Saturday, June 12, 2021

Western Hut, Havelock Road Food Centre

Western Hut, chicken cutlet

These guys had mentioned on their social media that their chef was the person that used to be at No. 1 Western Food at Tanglin Halt. While I recalled that it was an old couple that was running the stall there, the guy at the kitchen here (#01-09 Havelock Road Cooked Food Centre, 22A/B Havelock Road) was a young chap. They're located just next to Du Du Cooked Food.

Western Hut, chicken cutlet

This was their chicken cutlet with aglio olio pasta. Tasted like the same flattened chicken thigh with a crispy breading that didn't have excessive grease. Reminded me of the schnitzel from Marché if you could believe it. It was also an opportunity for me again to understand their sauce which I noticed this time round to contain cinnamon. Still don't think much of that sauce so I summoned my hot sauce on standby.


A few days later...

Western Hut, chicken chop

Tried their chicken chop. Pretty decent with a light crisp on the skin side. It was salted sufficiently that I didn't need their sauce. I'll see if I can get more coleslaw if I don't want the beans or even the fries the next time.

Western Hut, Havelock Road Food Centre

No comments: