Saturday, June 26, 2021

Burger Bar New York, Amoy Street

Burger Bar New York, Amoy Street

A few years back, I came to this place (#01-03, 115 Amoy St, tel : +65 6221 8648) for burgers. They were Burger Joint New York then and I don't remember the bar section that they have here today. It might not have been there then. I also recall not being very impressed with what I ate at that time. We came back today because it seems there is pastrami on rye on the menu now.

Burger Bar New York, Rachel pastrami

They have the classic pastrami on rye, the Reuben and the Rachel. The latter had spicy coleslaw stacked on the pastrami instead of sauerkraut. I kinda liked that spicy coleslaw for the heat which was respectable - respectable can also be read as more than I had expected. There was also a nice smokiness and pepper coming from the pastrami as well. Better than the defunct Sacha & Sons but no, it's not Katz's. Not as moist nor as tender.

Burger Bar New York, Amoy Street

No comments: