Tuesday, February 19, 2008

More from Muthu's Curry

Muthu's Curry, lassiI've had cravings for Indian food these couple of weeks. After the recent trips to Race Course Road, the options at Muthu's Curry (#B1-056, Suntec City Mall, 3 Temasek Boulevard, tel: 68357707) didn't look as attractive as before. In spite of comments I've heard about them being commercialized, I still thought that the food wasn't too far off from what's cooking in Little India. Was I mistaken about that? I found myself enjoying both the spicier butter chicken here and the subdued and creamier version down at Jaggi's. The masala prawns slathered in the spicy and nutty gravy were still crunchy though they appear to be a little smaller than I remember them. I had the navratan korma for the first time. That was a mixed vegetable dish in a cashew and cream gravy. The gravy was pretty good though I couldn't taste any flavour of cashew or even any nuttiness. Flavour from the cloves was rather strong. And now, I too recognize that the lassi over at Delhi Restaurant and Spice Junction were way better than the ones served here.

Considering how much it cost to eat here, the restaurants down at Race Course Road or anywhere else in Little India looked a lot more appealing.

Muthu's Curry, chennai cabbagechennai cabbage

Muthu's Curry, butter chickenbutter chicken

Muthu's Curry, navratan hormanavratan korma

Muthu's Curry, masala prawnsmarsala prawns

No comments: