Sunday, January 12, 2014

Indobox, ION Orchard


I was initially a little skeptical since this place (#B3-24 ION Orchard, 2 Orchard Turn, tel : +65 6509 8600) was simply just another themed food restaurant managed by a group that was operating a couple of chained theme restaurant that I didn't care about. But I actually liked this.

The cumi bakar was smokey and full of bite. The flavors reminded me more than a little of bak kwa. I only wished that there was more char from the grill to accompany them. Their lemak laden curries and lime-y chilli were pretty good in a dangerous way that made me want to get seconds for rice. Ditto for the nasi kuning betutu set featuring meaty thighs from the chicken and accompanying tasty sauce from the cooking spices.

cumi bakar

kari ayam

nasi kuning betutu

No comments: