Monday, January 21, 2019

Shake Shack, IFC, HK Central

Shake Shack IFC Hong Kong Central

So we succumbed to the siren call of Shake Shack (Shop 4018, Podium Level 4, ifc mall, 8 Finance Street, Central) and their beefy bacon-y aroma. This wasn't planned by the way. For some reasons I still couldn't quite fathom, I wanted to try their hamburgers. Maybe it's to taste the beef without all the creamy salty cheese.

I like it better with cheese.

I thought the patties were a little too lightly salted. More salt would definitely have made them tastier. On the other hand - the pickles, onions and tomato came through without the cheese. But this would likely be a one off and only the ShackBurger for me in the future.

That Monkey King ale from Moonzen - it was described to be "boasting a beautiful heart of caramel and hoppy aroma of Queen Mother's peaches stolen by the Monkey King himself". Didn't taste anything like Queen Mother's peaches (not that I would know) or peaches of any sort. It was hoppy, a little heavier than light and left a metallic aftertaste though. Prefer the ShackMeister.

Shake Shack IFC Hong Kong Central

No comments: