Sunday, January 06, 2019

Chicken rice at YY Kafei Dian

YY Kafei Dian, chicken rice

I haven't had the chicken rice at YY Kafei Dian (#01-01, 37 Beach Road) for years so I was looking forward to getting reacquainted with them. Being the institution that it is along with the crowd it tended to draw, these guys have got to be pretty good right?

YY Kafei Dian, chicken rice

Whatever I thought I remembered of their chicken rice might have been a little rose tinted. The rice wasn't particularly memorable and I had been expecting better flavour. Their chilli was also strangely lacking punch. The positive spin to this was that the sauce that they had ladled generously over the chicken and the dark soy sauce condiment got put to use because that rice needed it.

Chicken was pretty respectable thought. Meat was smooth and tender. But if I'm in the area looking for chicken rice the next time, I'll think I would rather head to Sin Swee Kee instead. 

YY Kafei Dian, Beach Road

No comments: