Monday, September 28, 2020

Fatty Cheong (肥仔祥), ABC Brickworks Food Centre

Fatty Cheong (肥仔祥), roast duck pork rice

I remember having eaten at Fatty Cheong (#01-120 ABC Brickworks Food Centre, 6 Jalan Bukit Merah) at least a couple of times previously. For some reasons, it's never been blogged. I could have thought them unmemorable and not worth bringing up. I cannot be sure. They get mentioned now and then because of popularity and after a while, my curiosity got piqued again. This time, I thought I would so to speak, put the pen to the paper. I could spare a little ink.

The food was not bad per se. Roast pork passed muster but isn't at the level of CH叉R or Roast Paradise. Not the tenderness, flavour nor crunch from the crackling. Roasted duck was relatively tender but very chewy and was not so easily removed from the bone. I'm of the opinion that boned in meat should be with minimal effort stripped off from the bone. I was sweating through my fork and spoon with this one. Brown sauce was okay. Chilli wasn't very spicy but had a nice flavour. 

And that was all she wrote.

Fatty Cheong (肥仔祥), ABC Brickworks Food Centre

No comments: