Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Orh Huat Bak Chor Mee (烏發肉脞面), Chinatown Food Centre

Orh Huat Bak Chor Mee (烏發肉脞面), mee pok

This visit to Orh Huat Bak Chor Mee (Yellow Zone, #02-033 Chinatown Complex Market and Food Centre, 335 Smith Street) came about after I read about the owner being linked to Ah Orh - the man behind a Teochew institution Ah Orh Seafood Restaurant. Which I don't think I've ever eaten at. Anyways the proprietor claims to the the younger brother in their pool of 11 siblings. 😮‍💨 It appears that this stall has nothing to do with Ah Orh and his restaurant.

Orh Huat Bak Chor Mee (烏發肉脞面), soup

I'm not impressed by the bak chor mee. Mee pok's a bit too soft. I ordered a bowl with chilli and it also had ketchup...why?! The rest of the ingredients were decent. Pig liver's actually pretty well cooked and that "meatball" thingy was not bad tasting. But it's not incentive enough for me to want to come back considering that there are plenty of bcms out there that's pretty good eating.

Orh Huat Bak Chor Mee (烏發肉脞面), Chinatown Food Centre

No comments: