Longjing (#01-384 Tower 5, Suntec City, 3 Temasek Boulevard) is supposed to represent Zhejiang food. I looked up Zhejiang cuisine online and 'non greasy' seems to be a characterisation of their food. Someone out there must be bullshitting but I don't know who.
Cold spinach with tofu and pine nuts. Light on the palette and somewhat refreshing for the temperature and lack of intensity. Why doesn't this get mentioned much? Maybe it's not exciting. One would have to force a paragraph out just to describe it. Like what I just did.
Fried rice with truffle and roast pork's (黑松露烤肉炒饭) not bad tasting. Savoury would be the word. Kinda reminded me of the black truffle fried rice from Tampopo.
Not bad tasting dry pot spicy cauliflower (香锅花菜). It's not lard-ed up like the one from Nong Geng Ji or Xiang Xiang but it's similarly spicy and savoury.
Dong po rou (文火东坡肉) was not bad tasting. Sweet and just a little tangy. But I don't have these enough to know how well they measure. I was imagining the meat to fall apart more easily...like say great char siew from KL but I might be over imagining. 😂
Some dessert moulded in the shape of Leifeng Pagoda (雷峰塔) in Hangzhou. Tasted like sugar, gelatine and milk.







No comments:
Post a Comment