Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Yong Xiang Carrot Cake (永祥菜頭粿), Bendemeer Market & Food Centre

Yong Xiang Carrot Cake (永祥菜頭粿), Bendemeer Market & Food Centre

Came to try Yong Xiang Carrot Cake (#01-35 Bendemeer Market & Food Centre, 29 Bendemeer Road) because they have something that's not sold anywhere else.

Yong Xiang Carrot Cake (永祥菜頭粿), png kuey soon kuey

Said unique item is their stir fried png kueh and soon kueh - both stir fried like their radish cake with eggs. The skins of both kuehs weren't as crusty as I had imagined and the one for the latter was kinda thick. Now that I've tried it, don't think I will ever get them again. 

Yong Xiang Carrot Cake (永祥菜頭粿), radish cake

Radish cake was decent if unremarkable. What I gather was that they've been doing this for a long time and the queue kinda spoke for that. Their style involves chopping the radish cake into small bits. I usually prefer chunkier cuts.

Yong Xiang Carrot Cake (永祥菜頭粿), Bendemeer Market & Food Centre

No comments:

Post a Comment