Thursday, August 27, 2026

Nasi Lemak Strawberry by Zaza @ Banafee Express CIQ, Johor Bahru

Banafee Express, nasi lemak strawberry by zaza

There's a strawberry flavoured nasi lemak which we came across at Banafee Express CIQ (LOT A1 aras 3 bangunan, JB Sentral, Jln Jim Quee, Bukit Chagar, Johor Bahru 80300).


Certainly warranted a double take. We did. And more.

Banafee Express, nasi lemak strawberry by zaza
Banafee Express, nasi lemak strawberry by zaza

Not entirely sure how this worked. Tried the pink rice on its own and I wasn't quite sure what I was tasting. Maybe it was just a strawberry flavour I was imagining. The sambal was spicy and also a bit sweeter than usual. Don't know if the sweetness from the sambal brought out the strawberry flavour in the rice or that the sambal itself has strawberries.

In any case, there was a discernible strawberry flavour if you ate the nasi lemak with the sambal.

Banafee Express, CIQ, Johor Bahru

No comments:

Post a Comment