Sodeng (175 Telok Ayer Street, tel : +65 9787 4542) is by Um Yong Baek. They're another KBBQ shop and what's differentiates Sodeng is barbequed duck which is a first here. We came for lunch and didn't get anything on the grill. Just a couple of stuff from the lunch menu.
Banchan. Kimchi's fresh and actually enjoyable considering that I normally gravitate towards the more intense/fermented/sour ones.
Yuja dressing on the salad was nice.
What got our attention was the egg drop soup with dried pollack. Love how the flavour from the fish infused the eggy broth.
The one duck item we did get was their Gwangju styled oritang. Never had oritang before and I had the idea that there would be duck flavour in the broth. This Gwangju styled rendition was just nutty, full of perilla seeds. I liked it though. There's duck meat inside.
I remembered wondering once about where one could get yukhoe bibimbap previously.
This was was $17, has bits of sliced pears and came with a bottle self serve sesame oil which was deliciously nutty.
What's this pandan infused water that they provide? Nice.









No comments:
Post a Comment