Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Do you really want to hear me say Menotti again?

As chance would have it, I ended up here again. I didn't really come here for their desserts this time round. Just an after dinner sit around and chit chat with old friends. Was actually thinking of just coffee. Browsing the dessert section of the menu, I came across something I haven't had before. Olive oil gelato. I just had to try.



It does look very ordinary. Could have easily been coconut, lemon or just milk. The first taste of the ice cream felt like toffee. This quickly dissipates as it melts in your mouth and the flavour morphs to that of olive oil leaving behind an almost subtle delicate bitter aftertaste. A rather interesting combination.


And that is the San Pellegrino Blood Orange Soda. Never had blood oranges before but if the taste of the drink is any indication, there is a slight hint of grapefruit or pomelo at the start and ends up a more tangy and zesty orange.

No comments: