Monday, October 10, 2016

Sin Kee Famous Cantonese Chicken Rice, Holland Drive

Sin Kee Famous Cantonese Chicken Rice, Holland Drive

My previous visits to Sin Kee back when there were located at Mei Lin Food Centre had always been on weekdays so this is the first weekend trip down to their stall. Their current stall (Chang Chen Mee Wah Coffeeshop, 40 Holland Drive).

I guess I'm glad we came down since this kinda reminded me why I liked them in the first place. The light yet flavourful rice and those chunky slurp off the bone tender boiled chicken. Skilful strokes of the cleaver that leaves no bone fragments behind as one slurps off those meat. Chilli not necessary but something that's a nice to have for me. 

I'm not going to comment if standards have remained the same because I haven't had them for quite a while and there isn't a metric for it. Assuming that I haven't been imagining it, there seemed to be something a little different from the past. I'm not sure what but it's not changing my opinion of them.

By the way, the teh c in this coffee shop is pretty good. 

Sin Kee Famous Cantonese Chicken Rice, Holland Drive

No comments: