Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Ox liver and pork cutlet from Colbar

Colbar, ox liver
I've been curious about this ox liver after hearing about it from the hungry cow that took a bite out of the liver of his own kin. I knew that I had to order it to see what it's about now that I've managed to head down to Colbar again. Initially, I wasn't sure if I could eat so much liver at a go. Never had them in such quantities. It happened. In retrospect, this stuff was pretty good. What I liked was that the livers weren't sliced too thickly and was treated with a very hot pan fry - evidenced from the char mark and the small bit of bloodiness in the middle. Turned out to be more enjoyable than I had expected. There was less of the "livery" taste than the usual overly cooked chicken/pork livers.

The pork cutlet on the other hand was much less memorable. The meat was dry and chewy. Not much else to speak of.

Colbar, pork cutlet

1 comment:

The Hungry Cow said...

Haha. Yeah, the place is a little more special than the food. I still don't like liveeeeeeer.