Thursday, May 24, 2018

Polo Fried Chicken ไก่ทอดเจ๊กี(โปโล), Lumphini, Bangkok

Polo Fried Chicken ไก่ทอดเจ๊กี(โปโล), Lumphini, Bangkok

We've read about this fried chicken shop (137/1-2 Soi Sanam Khli) that was supposed to be pretty popular with the folks here so we made our way down to see what it was about.

Bangkok, Polo Fried Chicken ไก่ทอดเจ๊กี(โปโล), som tam

We ordered some som tam to whet the appetite and also as a palate balancer. If you catch my drift

Bangkok, Polo Fried Chicken ไก่ทอดเจ๊กี(โปโล), fried chicken

I couldn't say that I disliked the fried chicken but it wasn't as spectacular as I was hoping for. Not even close. Certainly not "to die for" as claimed by certain sources. The breast meat was dry and a little tough. While it wasn't so much the case for the dark meat, those were also dryer than I had expecting. 

On the bright side, the flavours of the bird as a whole were quite nice. I liked the skin and those fried garlic bits were deliciously flavoursome. 

Bangkok, Polo Fried Chicken ไก่ทอดเจ๊กี(โปโล), chilli

There were a couple of sauces provided on every table. One of them which looked spicer tasted like it was made with smoked chilli. I thought this made a really good dip for the dry breast meat.

Bangkok, Polo Fried Chicken ไก่ทอดเจ๊กี(โปโล), rice

The sticky rice was something that was recommended. I didn't think much of it and I'm not sure why it's the thing to have with the fried chicken. It was too dry to be enjoyable and not particularly aromatic. I had to eat this with their smoky chilli.

No comments: