Friday, May 30, 2025

Komala Vilas, 291 Serangoon Road

Komala Vilas, 291 Serangoon Road

Komala Vilas (一, 二, 三, 四, 五, 六, 七, 八, 九, 十) has another branch (291 Serangoon Road, tel : +65 6341 5022) closer to Farrer Park MRT/City Square Mall that opened some time back. Never been there until today.

Komala Vilas, mini tiffin

Noticed a number of mini tiffins on the menus of restaurants in recent years. Those didn't seem to be as prominent or forefront previously. This was the mini tiffin at Komala Vilas. $10 with a filtered coffee. There's mini sambar idli, dosai, kesari and pongal with the assorted chutneys. Great if one is looking for variety.

Komala Vilas, upma

Upma. Steaming hot from the kitchen. 👍🏿

Komala Vilas, ghee onion uttapam

A buttery ghee onion uttapam with a toasty sweet crunch in the pancake. I think I've gotten their chutneys figured out for myself. I like the coconut and the coriander (green one) more than the onion-y orange one.

Komala Vilas, filtered coffee

Filter coffee's part of the mini tiffin. A bit too sweet, milky and with sufficient coffee flavour. Maybe I should siew dai this the next time.

Komala Vilas, 291 Serangoon Road

No comments:

Post a Comment