Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Botak Jones, visita Numero Dos

Botak Jones

That was the the queue at 6.18p.m. today at the Kopitiam located at Block 325 of Clementi Ave 5. To beat the dinner crowd, one would obviously have to be earlier than that to avoid their peak hour waiting time. Judging from the crowd it would seem too that Botak Jones is most of the business of the coffee shop in the evening employing as many staff to manage their queue and tables. Just like the outlet at Ang Mo Kio. After months of buzz, complaints and attention from the media, this place attracts swarms of people. There has got to be something about their food that buys over the hearts (or stomaches) of so many people. Novelty?

I mentioned previously that I would be returning to try something from them again. So here's us at the Clementi outlet getting that Cajun Chicken that I only managed to get a mouthful of the last time round. For a moment, I was worried that it would be a letdown from expectations but I was glad that wasn't. I had too mentioned before that Botak Jones beats the crap out of e.BlackBoard in terms of taste. While taste is personal, I still maintain my stand that this place wins hands down. In any situation. For a start there's no cheap herbed flavour which I thought didn't suit the chicken and really made whomever cooking look like they was trying too hard to make the dish appear to taste exotic.

Botak Jones, cajun chicken
The Cajun Chicken here was probably the best grilled chicken there is around for the price. For $6.90, I haven't had or seen anything else that beats this. Fries were a bit disappointing. Dried and over fried. As I bit onto them, the thoughts of MSG recurred in my mind. Apart from this, the chicken was as good as I remembered. Someone mentioned that the chicken was probably made of more than a piece of compressed breast meat since chicken breast doesn't usually come such thickness and the middle section really split apart with ease. It was also quite tender for chicken breast.

Botak Jones, double botak
I managed to get a shot of the juice oozing out of the hole left by placeholder stick on the Botak burgers. Look it.

Botak Jones

And that below, is the Fish Burger with Chez. Whatever Chez is.

Botak Jones, fish burger
A rogue!!!

No comments: