Saturday, December 09, 2006

Warong M. Nasir, Killiney Road


I read about this nasi padang place and their beef rendang before and since we were in the vicinity today, Junie and I decided to check the place out and see what's it about. This stall is quite easy to locate, along the row of shop house at Killiney Road where the Killiney kaya toast place is located. The food here pretty decent, but nothing I felt was exceptional. That also means that it's unlikely that I will go out of the way and return for any of their stuff unless I happen to be in the area.


beef rendang

ayam bakar

sayur lodeh

The curried tapioca leaves

Curry from yoghurt chicken

Nasi

I don't think there's anything special about the beef rendang here. Apart from the sweetish spicy nutty gravy which is not unique, there is really nothing that sets it apart from others. The meat was a little too tough. The tapioca leaves is seriously in need of some kind of quality control. Some of the leaves tasted almost raw.

No comments: