Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Stewhaus, Cactus Road


I remember seeing this place at Siglap some years back and it seems they're relocated (6 Cactus Road, Seletar Gardens, tel : +65 65557845) to the sleepy neighbourhood at Seletar Gardens. My guess is that in spite of a spread in the menu, they're better known for stews or at least are suppose to be good at them. So I ordered myself a Guinness lamb stew which actually came with a shot of Guinness. 

Can't say that it was impressive to any extent. There were definitely flavours going on, especially when freshly doused with that stout and the pieces of lamb within were tender as well. However the pieces of potatoes and green vegetables looked worn and limp and I'm guessing that they've been boiled to death. The lamb strangely didn't look overcooked. Sides of the mashed potatoes was at best ordinary. The stew felt medieval. I've tasted better.

No comments: