Thursday, November 12, 2015

More tasty stuff from Din Tai Fung (鼎泰豐)

Din Tai Fung (鼎泰豐), roselle drink

This would be a second part to an older post on a couple of my favourites from Din Tai Fung. Not to worry though, there aren't going to be many parts.

The above is their roselle drink (洛神花冰); made with a frozen ball of roselle tea. This was one drink packed with flavours. The first time I had them, I could have sworn that I had subsequently emptied at least two full cups of tea onto the ice to make two full glasses of roselle flavoured iced tea after I had finished the drink. Very nice. Exceptional even when one is parched.

Din Tai Fung (鼎泰豐), red date glutinous rice

These are dried red dates stuffed with chewy glutinous rice (红枣圆). They're from the small plates/appetizers section of the menu, but could have easily been a dessert as well. For some reasons, I like them.

Din Tai Fung (鼎泰豐), vegetable pork bun

What I felt was underrated were their steamed vegetable and pork buns (菜肉包). These savoury but light tasting buns were stuffed with a lot more vegetables than pork, but that was what I liked about them.

No comments: