Saturday, September 10, 2016

The Rendang Chicken’O from Old Chang Kee


I haven't had curry puffs from Old Chang Kee in a long while because their puffs were shrinking along with the quality of the fillings while the prices have being going up. I don't particularly understand nor like the bulbous knots at the end of the pastry crimp. I don't remember them being so large in the past. Very obviously, they're trying to stuff us with more fried flour. I'm also lost as to why are the curry puffs known as Os these days. Anyways, there's a green rendang chicken puff that they're doing lately. Didn't taste very much of rendang if I might say so. It wasn't bad tasting, the fillings were just a little differently flavoured from their usual puff though I couldn't quite point out where. And it's not rendang.


No comments: