Sunday, September 07, 2008

Mooncakes from Shang

I don't normally like to eat this stuff because I find them cloyingly sweet and once a year, some of it has to go around because of the Mooncake Festival some of them will inevitably end up with my family. The only fond recollection of those that I enjoyed was something that Raffles Hotel once sold and that was mostly because, the fillings were cream cheese and raisins. I was actually kinda sad that those aren't available anymore. Anyway, this is one of those rare instances where I decided to eat some and thought that they weren't too bad. Having those salted yolks to offset the sweet lotus paste is really important for me while eating them mooncakes.

I'll probably want to see how one of those quadruple yolk mooncakes are like though since no one I know have ever bought them.





No comments: