Friday, February 05, 2021

Revisiting Zazz Pizza

Zazz Pizza, Short Street

I've been wanting to come back to Zazz Pizza to get more pizza.

Zazz Pizza, smoked salmon carpaccio

Tried their smoked salmon carpaccio. Looked a little nicer on the menu picture -  the blood orange pieces were bigger. I did like that they had both blood oranges and figs but I wished there were more of them. Otherwise, this wasn't bad. 

Zazz Pizza, arancini

Zazz Pizza did a good job of getting those saffron flavour into their arancini. You'd be surprised how many Italian restaurants are incapable of properly getting saffron into their food.

Zazz Pizza, spaghetti vongole

We thought they did a decent job from their spaghetti vongole as well. Love the garlic flavour and those clams. Doneness of the noodles were impeccable.

Zazz Pizza, hawaiian pizza

Hawaiian pizza with Gorgonzola. I'm trying to figure this out. Not the Gorgonzola part because that's me -I asked for the blue cheese. It's the pineapples which look different from the other pineapples that I've seen/tasted on pizza. These reminded me of honey pineapples. Sweet and seemed to have less acidity even when compared to the canned variety. Ham was nice. This might be one of the best Hawaiian pizza I've ever had.

Zazz Pizza, lychee yuzu sorbet

This was where we pretended that the yuzu lychee sorbet actually helped quench thirst. Jokes aside, it tasted refreshing.

Zazz Pizza, affogato

Affogato's not bad. Espresso was sufficiently bitter which paired quite well with the ice cream. I could compare and mention how the one at the defunct Senso was nicer because the coffee had a better aroma but I won't.

No comments: