Thursday, July 03, 2008

Hotshots Flame Grilled Burgers, Lau Pa Sat

Hotshots Flame Grilled Burgers
Hotshots Flame Grilled BurgersThis stall which makes flame grilled burgers came from a chain in the Philippines and has made its debut here in Lau Pa Sat. I read that they started off as a stall in a car park and has slowly grown into the chain it is today. A little voice in my head told me that this was likely to be better than another burger stall with a weak knockoff for a meat patty. To fast forward into retrospection, this wasn't too bad at all. What I got from the ultimate cheese burger ($8) were two slices of quarter pounder beefy tasting patties marked quite distinguishably with the charred flavour of real flame grill. In line with the guys working at the stall reminding us that Rome wasn't built in a day and that their flame grill burgers likewise took time, it did take a while for the orders to arrive.

My gripe was the cheese sauce. While that was tasty in its own ways, didn't feel adequate for a cheeseburger. It had melted to the point that barely any of that cheese could be seen. Or registered. I saw a blue cheese burger in the menu so maybe I'll come back another time. There's also some Irish nachos thing which seems to be criss cut fries with beef chilli and cheese which wasn't yet available.

2 comments:

red fir said...

Add a little mustard in between your patties they will taste great. I did. :)

The Irish Nachos were available at lunch when I went. Maybe they ran out of it coz you went late?

LiquidShaDow said...

I was there about 6.30, so it might have been that case.